(born September 13, 1969, New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.)
Tyler Perry as one of four children had a very difficult and rough childhood for years he suffered brutal physical abuse from his father and severe sexual abuse from several adults he once described his father as a man whose answer to everything was to beat it out of you one time while his mother was out he described the beatings from his father he got the vacuum cleaner extension cord and trapped me in a room and beat me until the skin was coming off my back to this day I don't know what would make a person do something like that to a child but thank God that in my mind I left I didn't feel it anymore I learned to use my gift as it was my imagination that let me escape Tyler Perry was five or six years old the first time that he was molested he later endured sexual molestation from a male nurse and the man he knew from church when he was 10 years old he was also molested by a friend of his mother growing up Tyler says he never felt safe after one of the many vicious beatings from his father Tyler blacked out for 3 days every single day he lived in an agonizing fear that something would make his father angry his living conditions and his depression got so bad that young Tyler took drastic measures at one point he even attempted suicide by slitting his wrists this was an effort to escape his difficult situation in his 20s he
eventually forgave his father though his father never apologized when he was 16 he changed his name to Tyler to divide himself from his father he also dropped out of high school but later he earned the general equivalency diploma or GED before discovering what his true passion is he held a series of unfulfilled jobs so how his life changed one time Perry was very inspired by one comment while watching an episode of Oprah Winfrey's talk-show about how writing about difficult and rough experiences could lead to personal development because of that he started writing a series of letters to himself which became the foundation for the musical I know I've been changed later in 1992 he wrote produced and starred in his first theatre production I know I've been changed in that moment into that show Tyler Perry put all his savings but it failed miserably the run lasts at just one weekend and only 30 people came to watch the show but he didn't give up and kept up with the production because of that he had to work more odd and unfulfilled jobs and had to sleep in his car just to get by but six years later on its seventh run the show finally became a success and opened huge doors for him since then Perry continued his extremely successful and fulfilling career as a director writer and actor in fact in 2011 Perry was named Forbes highest-paid man in entertainment Tyler Perry made 17 movies in 10 years which have a lifetime growth of about 845 million dollars worldwide and 7 television shows 20 stage plays and the New York Times best-selling book one of the most difficult things about being a dreamer is the fear that the dream will never happen I'm here as a living witness to tell you your dreams can come true you can give up and I'm here to let you know that everything can work together for your good the time that you're spending on that job that you think is a dead end it's not your being prepared just like I was I was a shoeshine boy I worked as a bill collector I used car salesmen in housekeeping in a hotel and they all were preparation for where I am now what do these things have to do with where I am now I'm glad you asked I am able to use skills that I learned I shined shoes so I know how to shine my shoes if I need them to look nice selling used cars was a great way to learn how to close a deal bill collecting got me great negotiation skills working at a five-star hotel taught me a lot about travel every experience in your life is here to teach you something today while you're at work don't be frustrated look around you and ask God what are you there to learn and how will it be a part of your future dream honor that job do the best you can at it because God will bless you for honoring something that belongs to another you have to understand that what you may perceive to be a failure may very well be an opportunity to learn grow get better and prepare for the next level if you find the lessons in what you perceive to be failures then you won't ever fail at anything so what's your story...Comment Below
No comments:
Post a Comment